Saturday, November 19, 2011

I stained my suede shoes at work with..... HONEY :-(?

I was eating cheese %26amp; honey sandwich earlier (Its yummy) at work, %26amp; because it was heated, the honey was watery! As I was eating, I dropped honey on my wool top, my white shirt, all the way through on my skirt, stocking, and finally a considerable amount of honey landed on my new Salvatore Ferragamo suede %26amp; leather shoes :-(





I cleaned everything fine, the top, shirt, skirt, and the stockings! I even removed honey from the leather part of my shoe... but I'm just hesitatnt to clean it off the suede part! I dont want to ruin! I removed the excess honey from it, but when I touched it it was still sticky!





Its 11:30AM now! I dont leave work today till 3:30PM. Does anyone have a suggestion to do something for now (remember I'm at work, I have no gadgets here)! I won't clean it by myself... I am taking it to a professional shoe cleaners, but what would I do from now till end of work day!





I love my shoes! All of them! I hate to ruin them! Specially this one!! Its kinda new! :-( HELP!!!|||If people can see your shoes while you are working, I would do nothing until you can go to a pro. If your feet are hidden from view, I would take them off and put them in a plastic bag to try to keep the honey from drying and getting stuck even worse. If you have acxcess to a hot air hand dryer you could try putting an absorbent layer or two of fabric over the spot, and heating it gently so it will maybe remelt and go into the absorbent cloth. I would not use paper towels for this. (at least not for the layer next to the shoe)

No comments:

Post a Comment